Welcome to the Cat Annex
- Anyone who lives with a cat knows that they can be finicky and stubborn, as well as fun and sweet. Cats are one of the most convenient pets, as an owner can leave for three days leaving enough food, water, and a clean litter box. In our cat annex, we have a well stocked inventory for all of your cat needs. Nutrition is one of the most important expenses of feline guardianship, a proper diet can eliminate or delay veterinary expense for a number of serious medical conditions. After lengthy research, we have come up with a well balanced variety and price range of food. None of our cat food has any corn, soy, or wheat , and more than half of our food is grain-free. Along with our kibble, cans, and dehydrated food, we also carry raw food. See the food page for a list of foods we carry. Supplements and vitamins are another way to aid in the health and digestion of your furry friend.
Although cats are very convenient, litterbox issues are the number one reason that cats are turned over to shelters each year. Customer feedback and first hand use of our litters led us to stock a wide variety of litter to match your cats personality. Here are some tips on resolving issues you may face.
- Location matters to cats, place your litterbox in a quiet, private, and safe place. Cats don’t like to eat and drink in the same vicinity as they go to the bathroom, so keep them in separate rooms.
- Use an appropriate sized box.
- If you have multiple cats, you may need multiple litterboxes.
- Since cats are finicky, the type of litter may play an important role. You may need to go through a variety until you find your cats preference.
- Scooping the box out everyday, and washing the litterbox when you change the box will help with odors. Avoid using ammonia, as cats don’t like the scent.
- Placing a plastic mat at the entrance of the box will help with tracking litter around the house.
Besides the basics, we also carry some fun toys, catnip, treats, and collars.